The Elsmere Bureau of Police:
- Not accepting applicants at this time, please check back frequently.
The Town of Elsmere:
- Open Position – Code Enforcement Office
The Town of Elsmere is seeking a Code Enforcement Officer. Applicants for this position will be responsible for administering and enforcing the building and zoning codes as well as land development regulations, including the issuance of zoning permits and building permits. Must be able to interpret provisions of the code as they apply to many specific situations. Applicants must be a self-starter and be able to read technical drawings and plans. The position will require applicants to attend meetings in the evening and some weekend work to prepare reports to Planning & Zoning Commission, Board of Adjustment, Mayor and Town Council. Applicants will perform a variety of duties involved in the investigation of potential violations and the enforcement of Municipal Codes, Ordinances, and Regulations.
While not required, preference will be given to applicants that possess any of the following valid ICC certification or equivalent.
- Property Maintenance Inspector,
- Residential and Commercial Building Inspector,
- Residential and Commercial Plumbing Inspector,
- Residential and Commercial Plans Examiner,
- Residential and Commercial Electrical Inspector.
Applications must be submitted in the form of a resume and must be received at the Town’s Administrative Office, located at # 11 Poplar Avenue Elsmere, DE, by no later than 12 Noon on Thursday, September 26, 2019.