Helpful Flood Information:
The following information has been provided to assist our residents in preparing for and dealing with the potential of flooding in our area. We hope the below referenced materials assist you. For further resource information please contact Town Hall.
- Homeowner’s Guide to retrofitting: Six ways to protect your home from flooding
- Above the Flood: Elevating your flood-prone home
- Answers to questions about the National Flood Insurance Program
- Design Guidelines for Flood Damage Reduction
- Elevated Residential Structures
- Flood-proofing for Non-Residential Structures
- Mandatory Purchase of Flood Insurance Guidelines
- Mitigation of Flood and Erosion Damage to Residential Buildings in Coastal Areas
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Protecting Floodplain Resources
- Repairing your Flooded Home
- Unified National Program for Floodplain Managment
Notice Publicizing the Map Information Service for the Town of Elsmere
Subject: Flood Insurance Rate Map Zone Information
As a public service the Town of Elsmere’s Code Enforcement Office will provide you with the following information upon request:
- Whether a property is in or out of the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) as shown on the current Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) of the County.
- Additional flood insurance data for a site, such as the FIRM zone and the base flood elevation or depth, if shown on the FIRM.
- We have handouts available to provide you with information regarding the national Flood Insurance Program as well as other information relevant to flood issues.
- We have copies of Letters of Map Amendments (LOMA) or letter of Map Revisions (LOMR) on file.
If you would like to make an inquiry, please contact us and notify us of the address. We are open 8:00am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday. Our staff will gladly assist you with obtaining the information you need. There is no charge for this service.